Monday, May 19, 2008

Progress

Last week was a TOTAL disaster... lol....

the few workouts i actually did were terrible, which left me further motivated to use my trip to california and minor allergies as an excuse for not doing anything for the rest of the week... LOL

so i ate horribly and nursed my broken ego all week long... ha...

needless to say.... i was a little bit worried when i finally dragged myself back to the gym today...

but it had to be done... after all... i did kind of tell all my friends (and my family this weekend) that i would be running a marathon... LOL...

so i told myself to be prepared for the worst.... and to the gym i went....

but surprisingly... my flexibility workout went great... i actually improved (how i dont know lol)... i do flexibility workouts every week in order to prevent injury... particularly to my knees and hamstrings.... all the pounding on the concrete really causes my muscles to tighten up.... so doing these workouts every week (in addition to strength training on one of my cross training days) keeps my muscles strong and flexible...

BUT... the biggest surprise of the evening was my short run!... it was GREAT!!!....

in running they have something called "the wall".... its basically a point during your run where your endurance runs out and you feel like your going to die... lol... because i've been slacking on my cardio all winter long... my endurance wall has been hitting me really early and really hard ever since i started training for the marathon and its been KILLING me...

but finally today.... i hit 10min... no wall.... i hit 20min... no wall... 30min... no wall?.... i ended up extending my short run (that i do twice a week) from 2 miles to 3 miles... and not only that... i shaved off a solid 5 minutes from my 3 mile run time on may 3....

i have no idea what happened... maybe it was the rest.... but whatever it was.... im really excited about it... lol.... because those short runs were slow and painful torture.... and i actually ENJOYED this one...

anyway... plleaasseeee DONATE DONATE DONATE :-)

peace.

No comments: