Saturday, August 16, 2008

This Week

I didn't do the 10 mile maintenance run this weekend because I was out of town for a wedding.

I could potentially decide to go to the north side and run with the groups there tomorrow, but I haven't made a decision yet because I kind of think my knees need a good rest before the 20 mile run on Saturday.

With a 20 mile run next week and a 23 mile run 2 weeks after that, I feel like I need to be very careful about how much strain I put on my knees. At the same time, the recovery runs are important both mentally and physically... so we will see. My knees were really hurting me when I ran my maintenance run two days in row this week. So if nothing else I really have to schedule my runs better.

Today I went to Fleet Feet and replaced my running shoes. Although my current training shoes are in pretty good shape, they would definetly be shot by the time I got to the marathon, and it is never a good thing to try and run 26.2 miles in new shoes. So instead, you buy new running shoes now so that you can start to break them in, but they are still relatively fresh for the marathon.

They were having a sale for a triatholon that is coming up in Chicago next week. So I finally got the opportunity to buy some new running shorts, running panties and body glide to address the chafing and riding up issues I've been having of late.

I also bought some cute workout pants that were on sale. As I'm getting older I'm realizing how important looking good is to how I feel about myself. I've always adopted this whole, "I'm going to be a bum" type attitude. But until recently I've never realized how much it has wrecked havoc on my confidence.

Although I will never be a fashion diva. Being more conscious of my appearance at school, at home and in the gym, has a way of making me feel really good and really confidant. So, it was nice to get some cute things that I can run and go to the gym in, instead of the big, wrinkly things I usually wear.

20 miles... here I come!

peace.

No comments: