Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Next Day

They say if you can complete 18 miles you can complete 26.2

I would definetly say that completing yesterdays run did miracles for my confidence... I am completely assured that I will be able to complete the marathon on October 12.

However as much as this run was a preview for my ability to complete the race...

... it was just as much a preview for how much pain is to come...

I woke up this morning with my ankles still hurting, my legs exceptionally stiff and an aching back...

as the day has gone on my ankles have really improved... but my back and my right knee are still causing me a lot of pain...

the lesson in all of this?

ignoring everyone's advice and not icing was a huge mistake...

for the upcoming 20 mile, 23 mile and the 26.2 mile (the marathon) runs... I will be sure to set aside hours afterwards that will be completely dedicated to icing and resting my body.... attempting to schedule other things in the day is just not going to work....

I will probably rest for one more day and then get back in the gym on Tuesday...

peace.

No comments: